Datawave HK (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://datawave.hk/ website (the “Service”).
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Cookies and Usage Data
We also collect personal information such as usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and similar technologies from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information to assist us. We and the third parties may combine the information we collect from you over time and across our website with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve its overall accuracy and completeness and helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
Examples of Cookies we use:
Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our website, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
- Operating, improving, promoting, and protecting our service;
- Providing customer service;
- Communicate with you by sending you a personalized, regular newsletter and other important updates;
- Compiling statistics on web page visits.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorized by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances, we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorized by law.
Sharing of Data
- To partners, on our website or on social media services, subject to the choices you may make via your application and service agreements;
- To our third-party service providers who help us to operate or improve our service and platforms;
- To authorities to comply with legal obligations and to protect and defend our rights and property; and
- To an affiliate or successor entity as part of a corporate transaction.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Your Data Rights
Irrespective of your nationality or place of residence, among other rights, we grant to you all the rights relating to your personal data that the European General Data Protection Regulation provides for data subjects. These rights include:
1. The right to access your data – You have the right to request access to the personal data that we have collected about you and to request specific information and insights on how we treat, share, store and otherwise process this personal data.
2. The right to rectification – In the case personal data that we store about you is incorrect, inaccurate, or outdated, and you wish to update it, you have the right to demand that we correct these errors. To exercise thiright, it is sufficient to just point the errors out in an email to the address given below.
3. The right to erasure / withdrawal of consent – For the most parts we are processing your personal data on the grounds of the consent that you give that us by reading and accepting this data policy or by conclusive conduct. At all times you are absolutely free to withdraw this consent by stating so in an email or by initiating the deletion of your personal profile.
4. The right to object to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
5. The right to opt out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by unsubscribing from these mailings by following the unsubscribe instructions in any such message or contact us – Your email address will be removed from our marketing list. Please allow us a reasonable period to satisfy your request, as some promotions may already be in process.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.